Artist ranking in Nupe Music industry has to do with who has put in more work, stayed consistence with dropping bangers and pushed for Nation accolades.
Thursday, 30 January 2020
Monday, 20 January 2020
How did Dangote start his business
At the age of 21, Aliko Dangote borrowed $3,000 from his uncle to import and sell agricultural commodities in Nigeria, his country. His business venture quickly became a success, and as a result, he managed to repay the entire loan within three months of starting operations.
For the seventh in a row, Dangote was the richest man in Africa in 2018, with an estimated net worth of $14.1 billion. The business empire he began to build more than three decades ago, Dangote Group, is one of the largest private-sector employers in Nigeria as well as the most valuable conglomerate in West Africa.
Dangote's business interests encompass many industries, including oil and gas, consumer goods and manufacturing. About 80% of his conglomerate's revenue comes from Dangote Cement. According to Forbes magazine, the subsidiary produces 44 million metric tons of cement every year and plans to increase output by 33% by 2020.
Dangote also owns the world's third- largest sugar refinery, and together all of his publicly traded companies make up a quarter of the market capitalization of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
Aliko Dangote turned a local commodities trading businesses into a multibillion-dollar corporation.Here's how he did it
See Also: Dangote Phone Number
Dangote Early Life
Aliko Dangote, an ethnic Hausa Muslim from Kano, Kano State, was born on the 10th of April 1957 into a wealthy Muslim family, the son of Mohammed Dangote and Mariya Sanusi Dantata.
He is the great-grandson of Alhaji Alhassan Dantata, the richest West African at the time of his death in 1955. Dangote has said:
Dangote was educated at the Sheikh Ali Kumasi Madrasa, followed by Capital High School, Kano.He has a bachelor's degree in business studies and administration from Al- Azhar University , Cairo .
See Also: Top 10 Hausa rapper
Which university did Dangote attend?
Aliko Dangote graduate from Al-Azhar University , Cairo
How old is Dangote?
Aliko Dangote was born (10 April 1957) 62 years
Dangote Net Worth
Dangote's net worth of $14.8 billion could buy 12.0 million troy ounces of gold; 279 million barrels of crude oil; and its equivalent to 1,240 per cent of the total wealth of the 500 richest people in the world
Aliko Dangote Phone Number
Phone Number: +234 1 448 0815 & 16
Day after day music acts are been "brewed" in the north with many of them who have proven their wits beyond reasonable doubts both within and outside the shores of Nigeria.
Top 10 Hausa rappers
1.Kheengz Kheengz (King Bawa): Hails from Niger state and a graduate of Civil engineering from ABU Zaria, he however abandoned his certificate in his cupboard to chase his music career.
It has evidently not been a disappointing chase for Kheengz, as he has remained on top of his game in recent times.
2. ClassiQ (Buba Barnabas Luka): Hails from Bauchi state. He kick-started his music career at the tender age of 16.
Classiq has proven beyond reasonable doubt that he is an artiste to be reckoned with. Blessed with superb flows and articulative delivery, this young chap is today rubbing shoulders with prominent indigenous rappers such as Olamide and Phyno.
3.Morell Morell (Musa Akilla): Another lyrical viper from Borno state.
Morell has registered himself to be an household name in Arewa's music hemisphere. This music sensation is the perfect description of raw talent.
4.Dj. Ab Dj. Ab: A prolific producer, singer and a rapper extraordinaire.
This young and talented dude is blessed with an impeccable lyrical delivery that has made him soar really high. Abbas is one of the new wave of northern born musicians influenced and proudly carrying the Hausa lyrics and style in their music.
5.B.O.C B.O.C (Luka Bulus Madaki): This rap god was born in the heart of Bauchi state.
One of Nigeria's most promising new artists, he is an entertainer with a story of sheer determination, diligence and undiluted talent.
The rapper is an indisputable champion in his own right and has been an inspiration to many up coming rappers.
6.Lil pee Lil Pee is a Taraba Rap Artist , Born to the Family of Mr./Mrs. Bitrus Emmanuel on the 8th of January 1997 , As Promise Bitrus Emmanuel , She is the 5th Child of Eight.
The Name Lil Pee came to be as she was a Musical Prodigy Who started Singing at an early age Lil Pee started professionally after been Motivated By the Likes of other Top Arewa Artistes e.g BOC , Dj Ab , Morell, Kaita.
Sunday, 1 December 2019
record labels is the main reason for the success of nearly all artists. No matter how good your voice maybe or how talented you are, without being signed to a good record label there will be no good promotion and marketing for your songs.
We will be looking at the record labels in Africa but this time around it will be Nigeria precisely. There are so many of them, so we will be writing out the ones we were able to lay our hands on. We will start with Nigeria, who has been topping the music chart in Africa.
Top 10 Most Popular Nigerian Record Labels
1. DMW There has been huge arguments between this two Nigerian artists Davido and Wizkid concerning who’s the greatest, well Davido went ahead to have his own record label DMW alongside his elder brother Wale Adeleke.
He’s the major artist there and from which he has released great songs such as Aye, Scape Goat, One of a Kind and many more.
2. Star boy When the name Star Boy is mentioned our mind goes to the Nigerian superstar artist Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun popularly known as Wizkid .
He owns this record label after he was signed to EME record label which he later left. There’s no big name in this label apart from him, we believe there will be soon.
3. Mavin Record One of the most popular record labels in Nigeria is Mavin Records which kicked off in 2012 and the CEO is none other than Michael Collins Ajereh whom the world know as Don Jazzy .
This label came around after the dissemination of members of Mo’Hits Records which was also co-owned by Don Jazzy and ex music partner superstar D’banj.
Mavin Records consists of top names in the Nigerian music industry which includes; Dr SID, D’ Prince , Tiwa Savage, Di’ja , Korede Bello and Reekado Banks.
Their hit songs includes Dorobucci and Adaobi which involved the entire artists in the record label. They also have their individual hit tracks.
Its a very famous record label due to the high influence of the owner in the present Nigerian music industry. Under this record label, mybiohub tend to find powerful famous fast rising artistes such as Olamide , Lil Kesh , Viktoh , Chinko Ekun, Xino , Adekunle Gold , BBanks , Young John , Pheelz and Dj Enimoney
5. Chocolate city Another popular one is Chocolate City, founded by Audu Maikori, Yahaya Maikori and Paul Okeugo back in 2005.
Many top artists in Nigeria and even in Africa at large are signed to this record label, they are; M I , Femi Kuti, Ice Prince , Nosa, Jesse Jagz, Victoria Kimani , Dice Ailes, Koker, Ruby Gyang, DJ Lambo , Qritiqal, Loose Kaynon and Ckay.
6. Made Men Music Group (MMMG) Its a well known music label managed by Iyanya also known as Kukere Master and Ubi Franklin. Artists signed under here are; Selebobo, Tekno and Emma Nyra.
7. DB Records
Like w previously stated, he was part of Mo’Hits records alongside his former music partner Don Jazzy .
Artists signed under here are Dee Vee, Kris, Kay Switch, Jsoul and popular
8. Five Star Music Its a popular record label that is based in Nigeria, owned by Nigerian billionaire E-Money and his real name is Emeka Okonkwo and he’s the younger brother of Limpopo Hit maker Kcee.
Artistes signed under this label are Kcee , Skiibii and the artist behind Reggae Blues hit track Harrysong Nigerian Nollywood actress Tonto Dikeh .
9. Hypertek Digital Founded by Nigerian top artist 2Face Idibia in 2006 after he left Kennis Music record label, this label has this top artists under its name; RockSteady, Dammy Krane and Victor Uwaifo . Concerning the big names behind it, it has a more height to attain as the years run by.
10. Dem Mama Soldiers Dem Mama is another popular record label from Nigeria. Its owned by top sensational artist Inetimi Alfred Odon who is well known as Timaya . With their unique beats and amazing songs it has attained a great height in the world of music.
Friday, 29 November 2019
10 FACTS ABOUT IBOM AIR
1. There is a new airline company in Nigeria. It is called IBOM AIR.
2. Ibom Air is completely owned and operated by the Akwa Ibom State Government and it will provide 400 direct and indirect jobs.
3. Three new aircrafts have been acquired to kickstart the airline. The Canadair Regional Jet aircrafts are currently waiting delivery at Avmax hanger at YYC Calgary International Airport 2000 Airport Rd NE, Calgary, AB T2E 6W5, Canada.
4. Although the airline is exclusively owned by the Akwa Ibom State Government, its management and operations would completely align professionally with world best practices.
5. Ibom Air is run as a limited liability company.
6. Ibom Air will initially operate within Uyo-Lagos- Abuja routes.
7. Akwa Ibom State blazes the trail as the only state in Nigeria to wholly owned and run an airline.
8. Ibom Air planes are adorned in the orange and white colours which is the official colour of Akwa Ibom State.
9. The ground staff, cabin executive, and other newly employed staff are currently on training, to round off in 3 weeks.
10. Ibom Air will commence flight operations after the staff training, test run and when the regulatory authorities have certified it fit to fly in the Nigerian airspace
TOP 16 MOST EXPENSIVE SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN NIGERIA
16. Lead British International School, Abuja - N1.5million per annum
15. Nigerian Turkish International College, Abuja -N1.6 million per annum
14. International Community School, Abuja -N1.9million per annum
13. Dowen College - N2 million per annum.
12. Chrisland College, Ikeja - N2 million per annum
11. Atlantic Hall, Epe, Lagos - N2.27 million per annum
10. Corona Secondary School, Agbara -N2.55 million per Annum
9.Hillcrest School, Jos - N2.65 million per annum
8. Loyola Jesuit, Abuja - N2.8 million per annum
7. Meadow Hall, Lagos - N3 million per annum
6. Greensprings School - N3.185 million per annum
5. Whiteplains British School, Abuja N3.6 million per Annum
4. Day Waterman College, Abeokuta - N3.7 million per Annum
3.Lekki British International High School, Lagos -N4million per annum
2.British International School, Lagos -N4.48 millionper annum
Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria
For many Nigerians, high-quality higher education is a luxury. There are many private universities who are known not only for their top-notch teaching staff and achievements but also for the incredibly high tuition costs.
Top 10 most expensiveuniversities in Nigeria.
10. Lead City University, Ibadan
Lead City University is located in the south-western part of Nigeria and is one of the best known local education institutions.
The history of Lead City University dates back to 2005, and in less than 15 since it was launched, the University evolved a lot.
Right now it charges ₦625,000 intuition.
9.Babcock University, Ogun State
Babcock University is part of the Seventh-day Adventist educational system, which means the high education costs are not the only reason why it may not be your cup of tea. The University has been operating since 1999 and currently has the tuition fee of ₦780,000.
8. Bowen University, Ogun State
Another representative of Ogun State, Bowen University is known as the First Baptist University in Africa. Bowen University was opened in 2002 and has thousands of former and current students.
Bowen University is a very well-equipped institution and charges ₦950,000 intuition.
7. Covenant University, Ogun State
Ogun State appears to be one of the leaders of the prestigious education industry in Nigeria. Covenant University is closely associated with the Living Faith Church worldwide and is part of numerous associations.
Covenant University always scores high positions in university ratings of Nigeria and has the tuition fee of ₦1.2 million.
6. Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
The Benson Idahosa University is a Christian institution that was launched in 1993. One of its standout features is the membership in the United States National Academy of Inventors, which no other African university has managed to achieve.
You need to pay ₦1.5 million in tuition to study there.
5. Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti
The Afe Babalola University is one of the youngest Nigerian universities, being launched only in 2009.
In addition to six popular education programmes, this University is also known for its modern and good-looking campus. A tuition fee of ₦1.8 million is required to study there.
4. American University Of Nigeria, Adamawa State
The name of the American University already attracts a lot of students looking for high education standards, but the fact that it’s the only American- style university in Sub-Saharan Africa is an even bigger reason to want to study there.
Founded by Atiku Abubakar in 2004, the American University charges its students ₦2 million intuition.
3. Pan-Atlantic University, Lagos
One of the few Lagos institutions on this list, the Pan-Atlantic University was founded in 1991 as the Lagos Business School. Since then, the University has evolved into one of the most coveted private schools in Lagos, but the tuition fee of ₦2.5 million can be hardly called affordable.
2. Baze University, Abuja
For Abuja locals and students from other states, Baze University is one of the dream schools with an international staff, outstanding campus, and high teaching standards.
For a tuition fee of ₦3.1 million, you can also experience the joys of studying in Baze University.
1. Nile University, Abuja
The full name of Nile University is Nigerian Turkish Nile University, which should already give you some idea on what this school is all about. Launched in 1998, this University showed tremendous growth.
It is now the most expensive University in Nigeria with a tuition fee of ₦5.7 million.