Deadline: June 19, 2020
Applications are opens for hot job from GIZ. GIZ - CCCPIR is hiring a Climate Finance Officer. The GIZ –Regional Programme on Coping with Climate Change in the Pacific Island Region (CCCPIR) is looking for a highly motivated candidate for the position of Climate Finance Officer to be located at the Pacific Island Forum Secretariat (PIFS) Office in Suva.
The Climate Finance Officer will provide support to the GIZ Climate Finance Specialist and Public Finance Management (PFM) in strength ening the capacity of Pacific Island Countries to access climate finance.
The responsibilities as a Climate Finance Officer will include the following:
- To provide support to the management, monitoring and evaluation of CCCPIR’s co mponent on Climate Finance and PFM
- To provide support in conducting background research and provide support to climate finance and related assessments
- To provide targeted technical assist ance and training to address key capacity gaps and needs as required
- To provide support in the development of socially-inclusive project proposals as required particularly
- To conduct rese arch to support the development of research, policy briefs and analysis (including gender analysis) relating to climate finance for decision makers as required
- To support peer-to-peer exchange between countries and docume nt lessons from these exchanges
- To support the organisation of key stakeholder events and workshops targeting senior government officials from the Ministries of Finance, Planning and ministries responsible for climate cha nge
- To support partner coordination as required, in particular with PFTAC, SPC and SPREP
- To perform other duties as required
- Remuneration package to commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Applicants should have a degree, preferably a postgraduate degree in climate change, development, economics, public policy and administration, finance or related subject;
- At least 5 years on climate change, finance and/o r public administration;
- Good knowledge of multilateral, regional and bilateral climate finance mechanisms;
- Experience on providing in-country technical assistance and training to address constraints.
The following skills will be desirable for the application
- Must have previous work experience within the Pacific Island Region, Particular ly with national Ministries of Finance and/or Climate change regional organisations
- Must have experience working to support developing countries, in particular Small Island Developing States, to access finance through mul tilateral mechanisms;
- Must have strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communications skills.
All applications including achievement oriented CV with details of 3 referees and accompanying documents should be sent by email to Ms. Salote Dau, Senior HR Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org or by post/ hand delivered no later than 4pm on June 19, 2020 addressed to:
VACANCY – Climate Finance Officer GIZ
Level 3, Module 2, Plaza One, Down Town Boulevard, 33 Ellery Street, Suva
P.O.Box 14041, Suva.
For more information: GIZ Job .